Saturday, March 10, 2007

Changes

Spring has arrived here on my lake O the woods home. The cycle begins anew with buds on the trees and grass turning green. Temps by the middle of the week will be in the seventies, and I'll have an extra hour of light after work. One thing about change is it's constant. I've been going through some changes lately my self. It seems that my one remaining eye has decided to let me down. As most know from my pic I am nearsighted. With those big glasses I could see well enough to drive and get along in this world quite well. To borrow a phrase from Glenn Beck, now "not so much".
It begins to look like my seventy mile a day commute isn't going to continue, so I look for ideas that can keep me close to home yet alow me to make a living. Just another bump in the road. As I contemplate where I'm going and what I'm doing next I found a stupid question. Some folks think there is no such thing as a stupid question but I found it. Here it is..... "If you had it to do all over again, would you?" It doesn't matter what you apply it to the question is still stupid, and here's why. The future of any course we take is not known. The future of any course we don't take is not known. You might have time to reflect on that as you take your last breath, but maybe not. This line of reasoning also affects the question, "Do I dare?" The bigger the risk the bigger the reward, but what of the unknown outcome?

No comments: