Thursday, June 11, 2009

Stones two

Whit asks "Where are you going with that brick?" Indeed I'm not sure. At least one of my readers is having a bit of a time right now, and I hope to be of some help. I would throw money but that would be another stone.....;) (also don't have any)
Yes we could throw the damn thing, but I'm old and my arm doesn't work anymore. What we need is a destination. A place to want to be. Not with friends or family, just a place for you. This is a place of the mind. A place of peace. It's a place to set the bag down and rest. How do I get there? By watching your stones. Only carry your own. Know the difference between yours and someone Else's. It is my belief that, as Don says "someone can take one of yours away."
Best way to do that is to help a stranger, or just do something uncommonly nice to someone not expecting it. Some call it paying it forward. An example that I like to use is to pay the meal for the person in the car behind me at the fast food place. I'm prone to let you out in traffic if I can. Whit rescues puppies from the highway, and befriends northern boys. Shows a kind soul. I believe that there is someone up above. I hear all the time from those that say they don't believe in such things. Maybe for a time they do believe that. Nobody always believes that. Everyone that you meet has some impact on your life. I know without a doubt that I've had a very bad impact on some lives, and would wish never again that effect. I may never know the impact of the good that I do, but it removes a stone or two along the way from more then one bag. My own rules are simple.
Don't throw stones.
Don't catch stones.
Rules for someone throwing stones at you.
If their aim is bad, ignore them.
If they hit you then kick their ass. ;)

No comments: