Monday, March 20, 2006

War part one

I got a call from my oldest daughter on Friday. She was in tears. Her man has been ordered to Iraq. He joins a growing list of young people that I know, to serve over there. I had no words of comfort to give her, maybe my friends Don, and Mike H, have some. They both served, and have time to use as a means of some perspective. I did remind her that this could be her, in the near future. She told me she would rather it be her then him. Ahh to be young, and fearless. Make no mistake about it, this is the big one! The war for all of civilization. Some don’t see it that way, because they don’t see all of the fronts in which it is being fought. I don’t see all of the fronts, but I will tell you some of what I see, and you can make up your own mind about my sanity, and ability to reason. The trial in Afghanistan is a battle front between several sides. I find it most disturbing, because it flies in the face of what this country was founded on. Freedom of religion! Put that man to death, and you will make a strong case for those that believe we have been wasting our time fighting the war the way we do. I find myself wanting to give the death that keeps on giving, to those people. All of them. Then I remember our friends at Iraq The Model, Big Pharaoh, and a host of others. To begin to see the fronts, one must look at the participants in the conflict. Lets start with The west. Some, want to convert muslims to christianity, some don’t give a damn. Some are fearful of any conflict, and some live for it. Some simply don’t see a threat, and some don’t know what the threat is.
One threat is the removal of our source of oil. No oil means the death of our society as we know it. In short order, we would starve to death. Our best weapon against radical islam, is apathy. Not ours, theirs! A little apathy, allows for a liberalization of the core. We can live with a liberal muslim, they can’t.

No comments: