Friday, July 04, 2008

Emory

So I'm back from Atlanta. I saw the two surgeons that will be working with me. The guy that is going to do my cataract surgery is their version of Dr. House. I was told time and again that I was to ignore his personality, and know that he is more then brilliant. He is very abrupt and confident. He told me of the risks and then told me he would do his very best to make me see again. I found him to have a sense of humor that the others don't see. He sighed and said to me "I wish I could just get the easy ones." I laughed and said I felt the same in my job some days. So the deed will be done on the fourth of September.
Day two I was seen by the retina doc. He told me that sometime after cataract surgery I would have a retinal detachment that will require more surgery. Sorry to be the pessimist, but it will happen. He then said "I will fix it." So the road is a lil harder then I first thought it would be. It's ok though as I have faith and friends.

Update on Daughter.
The Navy has delayed my girls deployment to Kuwait a couple of weeks. In the mean time, she got an email asking for volunteers to go to Iraq for a year to work with spec ops out in the field. She wanted to switch to the longer deployment in Iraq to work with Iraqi women and children. She was told it was to late to stop the Kuwait deployment. She leaves for training on Sunday. Oldest, it doesn't matter where you go. You're the best.

Ps to Mike Andrews and my neighbors, Ted and Judy. It meant a lot to me to hear your voices on my answering machine when I got home.

No comments: