Sunday, July 24, 2005

I didn't do a good job.

I didn't do a good job of getting my point across in my last post.
It was more of a statement of the difference between holy men.
One died giving last rites, while others sit in their mosques and spew hate.
I did a little research and found father Judge had a lifetime of good works behind him. I have known a priest or two that were like that. On the other hand we have a Muqtadda al Sodder (spelling?) that uses his mosque as a fortress to conduct war from.
I remember seeing the Pakistanis protesting us after 9/11 and thinking, "Don't they know we are the good guys?" The simple answer is yes they know, but they are on the other side. If you're a part of the "Death to America" crowd, even just in a demonstration then you have chosen a side. I am not a man of god, or a hero. I'm just a guy that will defend his country and way of life against all enemies, any way I can.
I gave a bum a dollar one day, knowing that it would come back and bite me. Sure enough I became a favorite target of that person. I got to know him a little bit, and learned a life lesson or two. He had a wife and two children, and they lived in a park not far from where I worked. They had to travel miles to get to the Christian rescue mission and get food. She was a diabetic and sometimes couldn't wait. They didn't feed or take care of her at her mosque, yet she went every day. One day I wasn't around and the mission was to far, she died. I believe that some of those clerics like to see downtrodden people as a means to an end, instead of a soul to lift.

No comments: