Tuesday, August 22, 2006

All men are created equal

I had noticed that one of the posters on ITM had made light of one of our friends. Said she was the most childish person he had ever seen post. I was remiss in answering right away but decided that it had occupied too much of my time. Here is my response to you and those that think that way.

Ole Abe had it wrong when he spoke of all men being created equal, woman too! We come from many backgrounds that define us. Some of these things are economic, some are race, and some are class. We don't all get dealt the same deck of cards as one another nor the same means of dealing with the cards. The simple truth is that some of us are idiots. Lets not get a big head and think NO NOT ME!!! Yes You and Me and the guy next door!!! Wanna talk about intellect? gotta see the bell curve before we judge. I hate to call a person a dumbass under any circumstance because of life experience. I have passed the test and failed the test depending on who was administering it. Lets not forget cultural differences and the time of day can have a role in what we all think and perceive. Somewhere along the way we seem to have lost sight of the fact that some are more powerful then others, and with that comes some responsibility. The responsibility to act like a gentleman would be a good place to start. Don't worry I see the log in my eye as well.

No comments: